• If you are using a Samsung or a Pixel phone there is a feature where it will block access to a WiFi network that does not have internet access and will turn on your mobile data instead. Once you connect to the Nexx Garage WiFi if you get a prompt on your notification screen saying that there is no internet connection you’ll have to select the option to stay connected to the Nexx Garage WiFi network.
• Nexx Garage does not work on 5Ghz and has to be connected to a 2.4Ghz network. Some newer routers broadcast both under the same WiFi name. You’ll have to separate them into two different WiFi names and connect the Nexx device to the one that is 2.4Ghz. If your router doesn’t provide you an option to separate them (Google WiFi / Eero Systems) you can try creating a guest network that is on 2.4Ghz and connect the Nexx to that network instead.
• When doing the setup, make sure that mobile data and bluetooth is turned OFF. Just make sure that only WiFi is turned ON.
• Another workaround is to turn off your router completely and create a WiFi hotspot on your phone that has exactly the same WiFi name and password as your home network. Connect the Nexx device to the hotspot and once it is connected turn off your hotspot and turn the router back on. Usually that “tricks” the Nexx device into connecting to your home network.
• If you were able to successfully connect the device to WiFi but then the device frequently disconnects from the network check your device signal strength under Menu - About Device. We recommend a signal strength of at least 40. If you have less than 40 you can add a range extender to boost the signal or try moving your router closer to the garage.
device receiving power and has latest firmware of 1.6.7, if you get a solid red light after configuring the device to WiFi just select “green light is off”
blinking fast - device trying to connect to the cloud server, if it still doesn’t connect after some time try rebooting the router and see if it connects
blinking slow - device trying to connect to your home WiFi, double check the WiFi name / password as both are case sensitive, also avoid special characters in your WiFi password, and make sure router is connecting to a 2.4Ghz network
solid green - device configuration is reset and ready to be configured to WiFi
Red / Green
alternating between red / green - error connecting to WiFi, both 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz are under the same WiFi name
No light / Soid Red light
device is connected to WiFi